Monday, March 3, 2008

The Hills are Green Again

This weekend turned out to be great for cycling. The weather has warmed up. The rains that we have been having has turned the hills green again, and has replenished the creeks and streams that will go dry again in the summer.

I did a significant ride both days this weekend, the first time I was able to do that in a while. But there is nothing too interesting to say about them, so this report will be short.

On Saturday, I rode up Montebello Road and then followed that up with a ride up (the short but steep) Redwood Gulch Road. The ride ended up being 40 miles with more elevation that I have done in a long time.

Click to see a short video of this mini-waterfall near Stevens Creek.

On Sunday, I rode up Highway 9. This is only moderately steep, but a good 6 miles long. I ended up doing it in the usual 45 minutes, so it turns out I have not lost too much conditioning. In a couple weeks I should be back to doing some challenging rides with no concerns.

No comments: